TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP AND USE OF THE SCRAPSTORE
- Membership of Wiltshire Scrapstore is free; signing the Membership Form signifies your agreement to the following Terms and Conditions of use of the Scrapstore. Whilst the shop, café and Barty’s (located in Lacock village) are open to the general public, only registered Scrapstore Members are allowed access to the warehouse for collection of scrap materials.
- Children under 16 are allowed in the Scrapstore provided they are accompanied and supervised at all times by a parent, carer or other responsible adult.
- Scrapstore materials must not be used for commercial gain, either by reselling or using to create goods for sale.
- Members collecting materials from the warehouse are responsible for their suitability for the age and ability of the user group.
- Charges for scrap will depend on the amount and type of materials taken; sample charges for full sacks, bags, etc, are shown at the reception desk. Some special materials, eg fabric, large sheets of card, individual items, will show separate suggested donations.
Please note – whilst we take every care to ensure that our kindly donated ‘special scrap’ items are complete and in working order, we cannot offer guarantees on these items. Should there be any part missing or damaged which does not affect the use of the item, this will be noted on the packaging. Such items are always sold ‘As seen’.
- In the event of Wiltshire Scrapstore being made aware that any member, individual or group, is not complying with these Terms & Conditions, membership may be rescinded and admittance refused.
- Members collecting materials from the warehouse are responsible for their suitability for the age and ability of the user group. We cannot offer refunds on these items.
- Goods purchased from our retail shops (NOT scrap/donated items) will be accepted for return and replacement or refund within 14 days of purchase if they are found to be damaged or incomplete.
- Refunds/replacements will be made for items returned to us if they are faulty, damaged prior to the customer’s receipt of the goods, or found to be not as described. Such returned items should be in their original packaging and accompanied by proof of purchase. Refunds will not be made in other circumstances.
ON-LINE, MAIL ORDER AND PHONE SALES
- If an order is cancelled prior to despatch by us, full refund of the cost and postage paid will be made within 14 days of the cancellation.
- Orders can be cancelled up to 14 days after a customer’s receipt of the goods. Goods must be returned in their original packaging, undamaged and accompanied by proof of purchase.
- Refunds will be made within 14 days of Scrapstore receiving the item. Postage and packaging costs will not be refunded unless the item is returned as faulty, damaged or incomplete.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BOOKING AND ATTENDING WORKSHOPS/COURSES
(held on Scrapstore premises or other accommodation booked for the purpose by Scrapstore)
- To secure a place on any workshop the fee must be paid at the time of booking . Booking can be made by phone, website or in person at the Scrapstore.
- If a workshop place is cancelled up to 5 full days before a course, fees will be refunded or optionally transferred to another course as appropriate. A place can be offered to another person, but please let us know of the change prior to the course.
- If cancelled within 4 days of the course, or in the case of non-appearance by a booked-in participant, no refund will be given.
- Occasionally the Scrapstore may have to cancel a course; in such circumstances, as much notice as possible will be given) If a course is re-scheduled there will be the option re-booking, a full refund or transfer to another course.
- For all children’s courses and activities, the child/children booked in must be accompanied by a parent/carer/responsible adult. Younger siblings (ie those too young to undertake the course) will be admitted but please notify Scrapstore at the time of booking and ensure the child is fully supervised.
- We occasionally take photographs of course participants, both adults and children to use in our publicity material; your permission will be always be sought before such photographs are taken.